Myrtle Beach Marathon – Grande Dunes 5K
Grande Dunes 5k Overview
- When is the race: Friday, March 3rd at 7:00pm
- Where is the race: 8401 Marina Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 | Click for Directions using Google Maps
- Start/Finish Location: The 5k will start and finish overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway at Grande Dunes Marina, one of the finest full-service boating facilities on the East Coast.
- Participant Shirts & Medals: Each participant will receive a race t-shirt and 5k finisher medal!
- Packet Pickup:
- Thursday, March 2 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at the Myrtle Beach Marathon Health & Fitness Expo
- Friday, March 3rd from 11:00am to 3:30pm at the Myrtle Beach Marathon Health & Fitness Expo
- Friday, March 3 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm at the race start/finish area at Grande Dunes Marina (8401 Marina Pkwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572)
- Please note that packet pick-up will not be available from 3:30-4:30pm due to location change
5k certification number: SC17009DW
- 5k Course Map: Click Here
- Course Description: The 5K run will start on Marina Parkway at the traffic circle in front of the Grande Dunes Marina. The course will take runners south down Marina Parkway, a beautiful, flat, tree-lined street with frequent views of the Intracoastal Waterway. Runners will turn around at the halfway mark and return on the same route to the finish line.
- Aid Stations: Water and sports drink will be provided at each of the two aid station stops
- Medical Support will be available at the start/finish line and on the course as needed
- There is a 1 hour time limit to complete the race
- Unofficial bicycles, baby strollers, skates, in-line skates, and skate boards are not allowed on the course
- Headphones are prohibited
- Overall Awards will go to the top three Male and Female finishers in the 5K .
- Awards will be presented to the top Male and Female 5K finishers in each age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & over.
- Participants are eligible for one award only.
- Awards will not be mailed. All awards must be picked up after the respective races.
- Unclaimed awards will be available at the House of Blues Post Race Party.
Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Marathon Kickoff Party
When: Friday, March 3 from 5:30-8:30pm
Where: Grande Dunes Resort
Whether you’re a 5k participant or a spectator, a marathoner or half-marathoner gearing up for Saturday’s race, the Grande Dunes Myrtle Beach Marathon Kickoff Party is the best way to start race weekend!
Enjoy a beautiful spring evening on the Intracoastal Waterway, in and around the Grande Dunes Marina, with a live beach music band, a pre-race pasta dinner (for purchase), wine, beer, and non-alcoholic beverages (for purchase).
Additional information on the pre-race dinner menu and purchase options will be announced soon.