Welcome to the 18th Annual MyrtleBeach.com Myrtle Beach Marathon
For a few days every February, the streets of Myrtle Beach are transformed into a runner’s paradise providing the backdrop to an unforgettable experience.
- Thursday, February 12, 2015: 5:00pm – 9:00pm HTC Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 13, 2015: 11:00am – 9:00pm HTC Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 13, 2015: 5:30pm Ripley’s Aquarium Family Fun Run
- Friday, February 13, 2015: 6:30pm Junior Post Race Party at Ripley’s Aquarium
- Friday, February 13, 2015: 7:00pm Neon Night 5K
- Saturday, February 14, 2015: 6:30am Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
- Saturday, February 14, 2015: 5:00pm House of Blues Post Race Party
Remember: Course Time Limit of 7 Hours. Headphones are allowed – while the Myrtle Beach Marathon does not encourage the use of headphones during the event for safety reasons (this is not a closed course), you may use them at your own risk.
MyrtleBeach.com continues Title Sponsorship in 2015!
Race President Shaun Walsh: ” We couldn’t be more pleased in continuing our relationship with MyrtleBeach.com as our official title sponsor. This is a perfect fit for the Myrtle Beach Marathon in our 18th year. The MyrtleBeach.com team shares our passion for this event and with their help we can expand our community of runners and visitors to our great city!” Please view a time-lapse video of the entire full marathon course and tons more at www.myrtlebeach.com/marathon
Join Us on Valentine’s Day 2015!
Do you feel like setting a new Personal Record along the edge of a continent? The Myrtle Beach Marathon has a fast, flat ocean course famous for new PR’s and qualifying times for races like the Boston Marathon. Not only is this event a great idea for you personally, but the Myrtle Beach Marathon started as a way for runners to give back! In fact, the Myrtle Beach Marathon emerged from five Myrtle Beach residents’ participation in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s “Team in Training” (TNT) program. In becoming a Marathon weekend, more events were added as was support for additional charities. Today, each Marathon event supports one or more charities including the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of South Carolina (since its first event in 1998), the Coastal South Carolina Chapter of the American Red Cross, and Horry County Schools.
Charities directly benefit in two ways. The marathon contributes a portion of the event registration fee to each supported charity. In addition, each charity raises funds through direct contributions as well as individuals who obtain financial support for participating in marathon events. The charities may also use other fundraising activities such as silent auctions. The Myrtle Beach Marathon is proud to have helped these organizations raise more than $3 million over the last 17 years.
After being a part of this event, you will understand why thousands of people declare that the Myrtle Beach Marathon is so much more than a marathon. Throughout this site you will get a taste of the wild celebrations that are planned for all of our competitors, both locals and visitors. By making the decision to take part in this unforgettable weekend, you will undoubtedly walk away a changed person. Let’s begin with a quick description of this world-renowned destination:
• Sixty miles of wide, sandy beaches known as the Grand Strand
• Over 1700 dining locations with tons of family-friendly choices
• Over 100 of the best golf courses in the South
• Live entertainment theaters and exciting nightlife
• Cultural activities and historic sites
• Outlet malls, specialty boutiques and specialty stores
• Freshwater, ocean and deep sea saltwater fishing
• Tons of exercise facilities and so much more!
Marathon Foto Race Day Photos
View your photos from the 2014 MyrtleBeach.com Myrtle Beach Marathon or Dasani Half Marathon HERE.
View your photos from the 2014 Neon Night 5K HERE.