Marathon Team Relay
A marathon team relay is a great way to share in this amazing event with friends, family or co-workers! The team relay can consist of teams of 2, 3, 4 or 5 people. Registration limit of 300 teams has been established for the 2017 Marathon Team Relay.
Shuttles for relay participants will be offered at the intersection of 21st Ave. & John Q. Hammond Street, in front of TicketReturn.com Field, to relay exchange points. The shuttle will leave promptly at 6:15am and will drop runners at relay exchange points along the course. The buses will run in a continuous loop bringing relay runners back to the start/ finish area throughout the race. You may also provide your own transportation to relay exchange points using parking information below, but be sure to arrive at your location prior to the times listed.
Marathon Relay Exchanges:
- Mile 4 (Runner 1 will run miles 0-4, Runner 2 will run miles 4-10)
- Mile 10 (Runner 3 will run miles 10-16)
- Mile 16 (Runner 4 will run miles 16-20)
- Mile 20 (Runner 5 will run miles 20-26.2)
NOTES FOR RELAY PARTICIPANTS:
- Team Captain is responsible for payment.
- Each team member will receive a medal – handed out to the finisher.
- If you will be running the 2nd or 3rd leg of the relay please go directly to your exchange point prior to the start of the race. Because of progressive road closures, it will be nearly impossible to view the start of the race and still be able to make it to either of the first two relay exchange points in a timely fashion.
- Parking: Participants and Guests should only park on public property in spaces designated for parking. Violators may be ticketed and/or towed. Vehicles found to be illegally parked on private property may be towed by the property owner.
Exchange Point #1:
- Location: South Kings Highway and Harrelson Blvd.
- Participants should arrive at this exchange point no later than 6:30am
- The first leg runner may arrive at this exchange point as early as 6:50am
- There will be a limited number of public parking spaces behind Fire Station #3. You must enter this lot from Harrelson Parkway.
Exchange Point #2:
- Location: South Ocean Blvd. and 9th Avenue South
- Participants should arrive at this exchange point by no later than 6:30am
- The second leg runner may arrive at this exchange point by as early as 7:20am
- Participants may park in the public beach accesses, but keep in mind, exiting this area will be difficult until at least 8:15am
Exchange Point #3:
- Location: North Ocean Blvd. and 68th Avenue North
- Participants should arrive at this exchange point by no later than 7:30am
- The third leg runner may arrive at this exchange point by as early as 7:50am
- Participants may park in the public beach accesses, but keep in mind, exiting this area will be difficult until at least 9:45am
Exchange Point #4:
- Location: North Kings Highway and 70th Avenue North
- Participants should arrive at this exchange point by no later than 7:45am
- The fourth leg runner may arrive at this exchange point by as early as 8:20am
- Participants may park in the vacant parking lot adjacent to the exchange point, but keep in mind, exiting this area will be difficult until at least 10:30am
What is your refund policy?
Please note that the Myrtle Beach Marathon reserves the right to reject any entry. Also, we adhere to the standard running industry policy. All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. This is noted on our registration application and when you register for our events you must agree to this policy. You may not give or sell your number to another individual – if you do, this could result in your disqualification as well as the runner who uses your race number. The entry fee for this year’s event will NOT transfer to next year’s event, no exceptions. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business or family emergency, pregnancy, etc. There are NO exceptions!