- Thursday, March 1, 2018: 5pm-8pm
- Friday, March 2, 2018: 11am-8pm
- Click here for runner expo details
- Click here if you’re a sponsor interested in reserving a booth!
Friday, March 2, 2018
- 5k – Starts at 7pm
- Family Fun Run – Starts at 5:30pm
- Grande Dunes Post-Race Party – 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Awards: 5k Overall Awards will be announced at 7:45pm. Age group awards will be available for pick up at the awards tent after 7:50pm.
Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Myrtle Beach Marathon – Starts at 6:30am
- Half Marathon – Starts at 6:30am
- Marathon Team Relay – Starts at 6:30am
- Awards: Half Marathon Overall Awards will be announced at 9:30am, and Marathon Overall Awards will be announced at 10:30am. Age Group Awards can be claimed at the awards tent: half marathon awards will be available after 9:45am and for the marathon after 10:45am.
- House of Blues Post-Race Party – 5pm-7pm
- Official Charity Training Team for the Myrtle Beach MarathonThe Red Cross Rescue Racers program is the official charity training team specifically for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. Developed in 2007 as a partnership between the American Red Cross, Eastern South Carolina Chapter and the Marathon Board of Directors, the team has raised more than $550,000 for local disaster relief since its inception. Road Runner Club of America Certified Coaches provide individuals desiring to run, run/walk, or walk the 5k, marathon or half-marathon with a 17-week progressive training program that includes speakers on educational topics and a weekly group run/walk. Other benefits include team apparel, a sponsored pre-race pasta party, private duffle shuttle, private massage tent at the finish line, registration into the Myrtle Beach race and other perks. In return, team members commit to raising funds to support the humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross (visit Eastern South Carolina Chapter here). For more information contact the Program Manager at 843.655.9788, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Red Cross Rescue Racer team Facebook page.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training Program was there 19 years ago when five friends conceived the idea of a Myrtle Beach Marathon, and it has been here raising funds for lifesaving research and training folks to complete full and half Myrtle Beach Marathons ever since. This year’s LLS Team in Training is also looking to train those who would like to complete a leg of the new Myrtle Beach Marathon Team Relay. Find out more about these programs at Black Dog Running Company , in Myrtle Beach, SC. Training has begun and you can get started immediately! Can’t train in Myrtle Beach? TNT is flexible and meets all over, even online, to work around your schedule. Visit www.teamintraining.org/mail or call 800.482.TEAM(8326).
- Official Half Marathon Training: Registration for Team Black Dog MB Half Marathon Training is now closed, but email Dawn for information on group runs and more training opportunities – email@example.com. Team Black Dog will equip you with the tools and knowledge to help you cross the finish line. Taught by certified running coaches and experienced runners with a passion for the sport, participants will receive individual attention and help along this journey.
Start & Finish Locations
- The Myrtle Beach Marathon and Half Marathon will start just North of the intersection of Grissom Pkwy and 21st Ave N and will finish at TicketReturn.com Field at Pelicans Ballpark, 21st Ave. N, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- The 5K will start at Grande Dunes Resort. Click here for details on the 5k.
- The Family Fun Run will also be run at Grande Dunes Resort. Complete details will be posted soon.
Race Entry Requirements
- All participants must register online or complete and sign a registration form.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign for participants under 18 years of age on race day.
- Marathon participants must complete the course in 7 hours.
- Half Marathon participants must complete the Half course in 4 hours.
- Participants in the 5K must complete the course in 1 hour.
- Expo registration is strongly discouraged. Runner shirts cannot be guaranteed for Expo registration.
- Event registration will close without notice when the established registration count for that event is reached.
- Once your registration has been accepted, all fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Click here to see Course Records.
Marathon Expo and Race Headquarters
- Interested in having a vendor booth? Click here for details!
- Location: The NEW Myrtle Beach Sports Center, 21st Ave N & Oak Street, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Hours: Thursday, March 1, 2018 – 5pm-8pm and Friday, March 2, 2018 – 11am-8pm
- Free and open to the public.
- Marathon sponsors and merchandise vendors will be represented at the Expo.
- Official Marathon merchandise will be available at the Expo.
Myrtle Beach Area
- For information on the Myrtle Beach Area click here to go to the area Chamber of Commerce website.